Re: [sacm] [scap-dev] Request for participants - Content RepositorySpecification Development

"Waltermire, David A." <david.waltermire@nist.gov> Fri, 18 May 2012 14:24 UTC

From: "Waltermire, David A." <david.waltermire@nist.gov>
To: "WOLFKIEL, JOSEPH L CIV DISA PEO-MA" <joseph.wolfkiel@disa.mil>, Panos Kampanakis <pkampana@cisco.com>, SCAP-DEV <SCAP-DEV@nist.gov>, "sacm@ietf.org" <sacm@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 10:24:46 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [sacm] [scap-dev] Request for participants - Content RepositorySpecification Development

In a REST scenerio, a HTTP GET request would be used for querying.  The problem is, and correct me if I am wrong, that HTTP GET semantics require that a resource be retrieved based on the request URI.  This works for simple id lookups, but does not work well if you want to form a query around complex boolean criteria where grouping is needed.  For this we may need to use JSON to encode the query parameters as a request parameter.

I would expect the response to be XML.

Sincerely,

David Waltermire
SCAP Architect