Re: [savnet] draft-cui-savnet-anti-ddos-00

Barry Greene <bgreene@senki.org> Tue, 27 September 2022 02:09 UTC

From: Barry Greene <bgreene@senki.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 10:09:28 +0800
Cc: 惠林博 <huilb=40zgclab.edu.cn@dmarc.ietf.org>, "savnet@ietf.org" <savnet@ietf.org>
To: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
Subject: Re: [savnet] draft-cui-savnet-anti-ddos-00

+1 to what Med is pointing out.

I totally support new work on SAV and the techniques we use to push back against DDoS. But, I’m failing to see the new work that justifies a new IETF Working Group.

We have decades of tools, techniques, and approaches that have yet to be fully deployed. Understanding the reasons and dynamics behind the lack of deployment is critical to any new “anti-DDoS” work.