Re: [scap_interest] Operational Aspects

Gunnar Engelbach <Gunnar.Engelbach@ThreatGuard.com> Thu, 16 February 2012 18:14 UTC

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:14:45 -0500
From: Gunnar Engelbach <Gunnar.Engelbach@ThreatGuard.com>
To: scap_interest@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [scap_interest] Operational Aspects

That's an addition well worth pursuing further.  What jumps out
immediately to me as a prerequisite is the need to be able to validate
the authenticity of a benchmark -- that lingering benchmark signing issue.

I would also suggest considering including client validation as part of
such a protocol.  That could easily be considered outside the scope of
this, but some of these repositories are commercial, something I'd be
happy to see more of, so I'd like to see a standardized method for
validating client access.

A bit early to be going into detail on anything, but I think there are
two things that could apply multiple places and thus should be fleshed
out early on.

--gun