Re: [scim] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7644 (4670)

Steve Moyer <smoyer@psu.edu> Wed, 11 May 2016 15:43 UTC

Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 11:43:41 -0400
From: Steve Moyer <smoyer@psu.edu>
To: SCIM WG <scim@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [scim] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7644 (4670)

Phil,

I agree with Chris ... I think his proposal allows compound expressions within the valFilter.  If you're interested, we will change the ANTLR grammar of our lexer/parser and test the results.  We'd also be happy to add test cases that the SCIM community deems useful.  The current lexer/parser tests are *ONLY* testing grammar so they ignore whether the attribute names are valid from a schema perspective.  We're tracking the issue with our code here:

https://github.com/PennState/SCIMple-Identity/issues/15

We're also testing all the example filters from the protocol specification as well as a bunch that should fail.  Since the original lexer/parser was written in August/September of 2013, the square bracket syntax wasn't included in our tests.  If anyone is willing to provide examples of passing and/or failing filters (based on the SCIM specification's intent), we'd be happy to add them to our test suite.  Please add them as comments to this issue #15 (above) on GitHub.

Thanks,

Steve

P.S.  Our pre-errata ANTLR grammar is available at https://github.com/PennState/SCIMple-Identity/blob/develop/scim-spec/scim-spec-protocol/src/main/antlr4/edu/psu/swe/scim/server/filter2/Filter.g4.  We'll be updating the grammar and replacing the original SCIM filter with the results once we have it proven out.

“All the easy stuff’s been done…. We’ve got the wheel, fire, the TV clicker—what else do you need?” - Dean Kamen