Re: [Sdn] PSLs [was RE: I-D Action: draft-xia-sdnrg-service-description-language-02.txt]

Zhoutianran <zhoutianran@huawei.com> Tue, 12 May 2015 06:41 UTC

From: Zhoutianran <zhoutianran@huawei.com>
To: "Schwarz, Albrecht (Albrecht)" <albrecht.schwarz@alcatel-lucent.com>, "Natale, Bob" <RNATALE@mitre.org>, Xiayinben <xiayinben@huawei.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 06:41:16 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.97.21]
Cc: "sdn@irtf.org" <sdn@irtf.org>, "ibnemo@ietf.org" <ibnemo@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Sdn] PSLs [was RE: I-D Action: draft-xia-sdnrg-service-description-language-02.txt]

Hi Albrecht,

Your comments let me think about the relationship between service description and the policy specification.
The commented draft related to a currently hot topic called "intent", which provides a high level description of requirements to network with the abstraction from top down.
The PSL you listed:
1. Seems talk about many separated aspects. How do they related each other under the topic of policy specification? This also come to another question: what's the policy definition?
2. Do you think the network intent equals the policy?

May be the requirement here is that we need network intent modeling and an intent expression language.

Best Regards,
Terence