RE: [Seamoby] Reminder: Last Call for CT Requirements Ends Wed.

Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1 <Madjid.Nakhjiri@motorola.com> Fri, 04 October 2002 20:16 UTC

From: Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1 <Madjid.Nakhjiri@motorola.com>
To: 'Gary Kenward' <gkenward@nortelnetworks.com>, 'James Kempf' <kempf@docomolabs-usa.com>, seamoby@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Seamoby] Reminder: Last Call for CT Requirements Ends Wed.
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:12:41 -0500
Sender: seamoby-admin@ietf.org

 Gary,

reading your email, I was thinking to myself that many of the requirements
are in fact
architectural requirements/features, until you mentioned it at the bottom of
your email.

I agree with you on the distinction, but I doubt if you can use CT as a
protocol
without paving the way for its use in the architecture. Otherwise there
would be no
difference between CT and any messaging protocol.

Having said that, at this point, I felt that this support of this specific
feature would
cause conflict for some protocol design approaches that don't even need such
a feature.
While, the other features did not cause an alarm at the time of reading the
draft.
So call it may, call it Must optional, if that means I don't have to twist
the design to support
something that may not be needed in the first place.

Regards,

Madjid