Re: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization@tools.ietf.org

"Haleplidis Evangelos" <ehalep@ece.upatras.gr> Wed, 01 October 2014 11:15 UTC

From: Haleplidis Evangelos <ehalep@ece.upatras.gr>
To: 'Magnus Nyström' <magnusn@gmail.com>, secdir@ietf.org, draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization@tools.ietf.org
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 14:15:49 +0300
Subject: Re: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization@tools.ietf.org

Greetings Magnus,

Having discussed the issue with Joel, in order to clarify the text you pointed out, we opted to replace the problematic sentence from:

“However as parallezation tasks have security issues, a designer or an implementer must take into account any security considerations that regards packet parallelization.”

“This document does not attempt to analyze the presence or possibility of security interactions created by allowing parallel operations on packets.  Any such issues, if they exist, are for the designers of the particular data path, not the general mechanism.”

This way, we clearly state (the previous sentence didn’t manage to convey that meaning) that security considerations are for implementers and not for the general mechanisms we specify in the draft.

Does this resolve your comment?

Regards,

Evangelos.