Re: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-05.txt

"Takeshi Takahashi" <takeshi_takahashi@nict.go.jp> Fri, 30 May 2014 00:06 UTC

From: Takeshi Takahashi <takeshi_takahashi@nict.go.jp>
To: 'Emil Ivov' <emcho@jitsi.org>, iesg@ietf.org, secdir@ietf.org, mmusic-chairs@tools.ietf.org, draft-ietf-mmusic-latching@tools.ietf.org
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 09:06:46 +0900
Subject: Re: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-05.txt

Hi Emil,

I've browsed the new version (-06).
IMHO, this is a nice draft, and I am hoping to see this draft to be
published soon.

> Right. SDP and SIP were indeed transgressing (fixed now) but all of the
> others seem to be expanded on first use. Or am I missing something?

Thank you for checking. I believe you are correct, and the current version
is fine for me.

> Well, they actually refer to quite different things. RTC, as you point
out,
> refers to real-time communication. SBC on the other hand stands for
session
> border controller (which is a signalling entity used by some RTC
services).

> Did I misunderstand the question, or do you believe the text is somehow
> misleading?

Thank you for the clarification.
The texts were very fine, the texts were very easy to follow even for the
people who does not know this area of work (like me) throughout the draft,
and it is me who misinterpreted the texts.
I misinterpreted the very first sentence of the draft in the abstract, and I
believe no change is needed at all.
(From the first sentence, I interpreted as "RTC = SBCs", but I should have
interpreted as "signaling intermediaries in RTC = SBCs").

I personally like this draft very much.
Thank you for writing this document.

Take