Re: [secdir] Status of draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-reqts?

"Yuji KAMITE" <y.kamite@ntt.com> Tue, 25 November 2008 11:51 UTC

Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 20:47:51 +0900
From: Yuji KAMITE <y.kamite@ntt.com>
To: 'Tim Polk' <tim.polk@nist.gov>
Cc: 'Mark Townsley' <townsley@cisco.com>, draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-reqts@tools.ietf.org, l2vpn-chairs@tools.ietf.org, secdir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] Status of draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-reqts?
Sender: secdir-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Tim (CC: Sec-Dirs),

> I will keep an eye out for the new text, and would be glad to
> review it.

For addressing your DISCUSSes and Sec-Dir comments
about this document, I am thinking about revising as attached.

In your review you pointed out that the current document
lacks of thorough security analysis, so now I propose the text
to address it.

I'd appreciate your recheck if it addresses the points you raised.
For detail, please see the attached text.  I also send the diff-file
for your convenience.

Best regards,
-Yuji

------------------------------
Proposed changes summary:
 - Modified Section 6.6.
      - Create subsection 6.6.1 for security threat analysis :
        - This is totally new text for addressing Sam's DISCUSS and Sec-Dir comment below:
          https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-reqts/comment/75905/
          http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg49004.html

      - Create subsection 6.6.2. for security requirements:
        - Added a short paragraph to show highlighted relationship to address the Tim's DISCUSS
          https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-reqts/comment/78677/
        - Elaborated how each threat item is solved/mitigated

 - Modified Section 7.
      - Added text as 3rd paragraph to reflect the proposed changes in Section 6.6.