Re: [secdir] SecDir review of draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding-04

Acee Lindem <acee.lindem@ericsson.com> Sat, 07 July 2012 01:33 UTC

From: Acee Lindem <acee.lindem@ericsson.com>
To: "Retana, Alvaro" <alvaro.retana@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 21:33:21 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>, Yi Yang <yiya@cisco.com>, "iesg@ietf.org" <iesg@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding.all@tools.ietf.org>, Julien Laganier <julien.ietf@gmail.com>, Abhay Roy <akr@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [secdir] SecDir review of draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding-04

Actually, with this draft, the OSPF LSAs do not necessarily contain any IP addresses - only topology information. The OSPF Router ID certainly doesn't have to be a routable IP address and can be explicitly configured to avoid the default of configured address selection supported by most implementations.
Thanks,
Acee