RE: deaft-gree-sedsh-ecc-08: small correction

"Igoe, Kevin M." <kmigoe@nsa.gov> Fri, 13 August 2010 14:06 UTC

Subject: RE: deaft-gree-sedsh-ecc-08: small correction
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 09:05:45 -0400
From: "Igoe, Kevin M." <kmigoe@nsa.gov>
To: Damien Miller <djm@mindrot.org>, Douglas Stebila <douglas@stebila.ca>
Cc: ietf-ssh@NetBSD.org
Sender: ietf-ssh-owner@NetBSD.org

You are correct, MQV was thrown out of Suite B some time ago
and we should rephrase this statement to reflect that.  I
view leaving MQV in this draft as harmless.  Yes, currently
there are Intellectual Property issues involving MQV, but that
may well change in the future.

As to checking for the point at infinity in ECDH, I'd
rather have that issue addressed in a document that is
clearly directed at ECDH rather than having it hidden
in a document that only peripherally touches ECDH.
I'll be putting out a "Suite B for Secure Shell" document
in the near future and plan to cover such issues in there.

Diffie-