Re: [sfc] FW: New Version Notification for draft-aranda-sf-dp-mobile-00.txt

<Dirk.von-Hugo@telekom.de> Thu, 29 October 2015 17:08 UTC

From: Dirk.von-Hugo@telekom.de
To: narten@us.ibm.com, pedroa.aranda@telefonica.com
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:08:08 +0100
acceptlanguage: de-DE
Cc: sfc@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sfc] FW: New Version Notification for draft-aranda-sf-dp-mobile-00.txt

Dear all,
I had a look at the draft and think it would be worth to elaborate further on this - as already mentioned it tackles 5G issues which are expected to be of major interest to all mobile and 'integrated' operators.

First observations from my side:

Why is in the title named 'Dataplane' - don't you address both DP and CP functions to be virtualized?

Sect. 1.3. and ch. 4 are very much similar ... this might be shortened.

In Ch. 2 shouldn't it read
As the specifications mature, we will provide the updates to the _evolved_ LTE _-A/5G_ architecture. ?

Some nits found in sect.
 1.4:
i) Medium Access Control (MAC) => ii) Medium Access Control (MAC)

2.1:
act on user traffic may depend not only depend on subscriber =>  act on user traffic may depend not only on subscriber

3:
We except the RRC to be integrated => We expect the RRC to be integrated

Thanks and Best Regards
Dirk