Re: [sfc] WG adoption of draft-quinn-sfc-problem-statement-02

"mikebianc@aol.com" <mikebianc@aol.com> Fri, 24 January 2014 17:29 UTC

Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 12:29:46 -0500
From: "mikebianc@aol.com" <mikebianc@aol.com>
To: Nicolas.BOUTHORS@qosmos.com, Ron_Parker@affirmednetworks.com, jmh@joelhalpern.com, linda.dunbar@huawei.com, Cathy.H.Zhang@huawei.com, paulq@cisco.com, jguichar@cisco.com
Cc: sfc@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sfc] WG adoption of draft-quinn-sfc-problem-statement-02

We might want to be able to chain chains if the chain needs to extend through multiple entities.  e.g. if you have one chain within the datacenter, but then want to signal the backbone provider (not you) to add services to the chain.  Could be one big dynamic chain.  Could be chained/sequential chains.