Re: how mobile do we want to be

Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com> Mon, 21 March 2005 12:45 UTC

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:45:51 +0100
From: Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com>
To: Margaret Wasserman <margaret@thingmagic.com>
CC: shim6@psg.com
Subject: Re: how mobile do we want to be

Margaret Wasserman wrote:
> I do have one concern about this part of the charter -- it cites I-Ds,
> and I am not sure that all of those I-Ds will eventually be published as
> RFCs in their current form.  Kurtis, Geoff and Brian -- which of the
> I-Ds cited in the charter have been submitted to the IESG for
> publication?  What should we do with the others?  Are they expected to
> be updated over time, or will their mention here limit the useful
> lifetime of this charter to <6 months?

  draft-ietf-multi6-things-to-think-about-01.txt
   Approved - in RFC queue
  draft-ietf-multi6-multihoming-threats-03.txt
   In IESG Evaluation

  draft-huston-l3shim-arch-00.txt
  draft-ietf-multi6-functional-dec-00.txt
  draft-ietf-multi6-l3shim-00.txt
  draft-ietf-multi6-failure-detection-00.txt
  draft-ietf-multi6-hba-00.txt
  draft-ietf-multi6-app-refer-00.txt
   These are not ready for the IESG.
   The plan is that the new WG will inherit them and do what it wants with
   them; so indeed the charter would need (trivial) updating in about 6 months.

      Brian