Re: Question about REAP state transition (draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-09)

Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch@muada.com> Thu, 31 January 2008 12:28 UTC

Cc: shim6@psg.com
From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch@muada.com>
To: Alberto García <alberto@it.uc3m.es>
Subject: Re: Question about REAP state transition (draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-09)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:11:19 +0100
Sender: owner-shim6@psg.com

Alberto,

it's been a long time, so I'm not entirely sure if I missed something
else in your message. Please let me know if that's the case. I want to
change this text:

<t hangText='Precvd'><vspace blankLines='1'/>

This is a 4-bit field that indicates the number of received probes
included in this probe message. Received probe fields are copies of the
same fields received in (recent) earlier probes and may be included or
omitted as per any logic employed by the implementation.

to:

<t hangText='Precvd'><vspace blankLines='1'/>

This is a 4-bit field that indicates the number of received probes
included in this probe message. Received probe fields are copies of the
same fields in earlier received probes that arrived since the last
transition from state Operational to state Exploring. When a sender is
in state InboundOk it MUST include copies of the fields of at least
one the inbound probe. A sender MAY include additional sets of these
received probe fields in any state as per any logic employed by the
implementation.

I think this addresses the problem where two unidirectional paths
wouldn't be found.