Re: Agenda items?

Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch@muada.com> Wed, 27 February 2008 11:12 UTC

Cc: 'shim6' <shim6@psg.com>
From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch@muada.com>
To: Geoff Huston <gih@apnic.net>
Subject: Re: Agenda items?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:58:42 +0100
Sender: owner-shim6@psg.com

On 27 feb 2008, at 0:20, Geoff Huston wrote:

> This is a more formal call for agenda items for the next shim6
> meeting, as I'm putting together the agenda right now

I think it would be good if we could have a discussion on what's
missing from shim6 the way it is now so that we can decide on what new
work to take on. Such as:

- "initial failures" where the initially chosen address pair doesn't
work
- ingress filtering
- rewriting addresses in routers
- proxy shim
  * with or without NAT
- traffic engineering

On 27 feb 2008, at 0:20, Geoff Huston wrote:

> This is a more formal call for agenda items for the next shim6
> meeting, as I'm putting together the agenda right now

I think it would be good if we could have a discussion on what's
missing from shim6 the way it is now so that we can decide on what new
work to take on. Such as:

- "initial failures" where the initially chosen address pair doesn't
work
- ingress filtering
- rewriting addresses in routers
- proxy shim
  * with or without NAT
- traffic engineering

This is a more formal call for agenda items for the next shim6 meeting,
as I'm putting together the agenda right now

Draft agendas are due Wednesday (tomorrow) at 17:00 ET, so I'd
appreciate submission of topics as soon as possible (like, now!)

Keep those cards and letters coming!

   Geoff