Review of draft-huitema-shim6-ingress-filtering-00.txt

Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net> Thu, 06 October 2005 14:20 UTC

Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:20:25 +0300
From: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
To: shim6 <shim6@psg.com>, huitema@microsoft.com
Subject: Review of draft-huitema-shim6-ingress-filtering-00.txt

Christian et al,

I have read your draft. It looks good, I don't have
much to add or correct. A few comments and
questions below, however:

Technical:

>   One possible way to achieve this trust is to make sure that the site
>   routers, or possibly the site firewalls, meet a quality level
>   specified by the provider.

I believe the quality requirements would like apply more to the
configuration of the devices than the devices themselves.

>   This mechanism requires a change to the caches used in neighbor
>   discovery, specifically the management of a "source exit cache" that
>   associates a specific source address with an exit router, or maybe
>   the combination of a destination address and a source address with an
>   exit router.

I may be missing something here, but I thought that the
ND specifications did not cover association of source
addresses with routers. I thought that within a link, you
can send to any router. But apparently I was mistaken,
if I read the above text correctly.  Where is this specified?

Editorial:

>    cosniderable harm.

typo

>    hosts that preffer such route.

typo

>6.  Appendix A: Host based optimization

This appendix is in a middle of the document.

>   preliminary tests on this mechanisms seem to indicate that such

s/mechanisms/mechanism/

--Jari