[sidr] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-06: (with COMMENT)

"Mirja Kuehlewind" <ietf@kuehlewind.net> Mon, 16 January 2017 13:01 UTC

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 05:01:47 -0800
Cc: morrowc@ops-netman.net, sidr-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup@ietf.org, sidr@ietf.org
Subject: [sidr] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-06: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup/

COMMENT:

High level comment:
I'm not sure if 'protocol' is the right term for this spec. For me this
doc rather defines a set of messages, however given it does  not specify
any action that must follow as a reaction to a message (as well as no
choice of the publication nor BPKI protocol), I find the term 'protocol'
here rather confusing.

Smaller comments:
- Some more abbreviations could be spelled out, e.g. CMS
- section 2 is not needed
- sec 5: "Appendix A is a [RelaxNG] schema for this protocol.  The schema
is
   normative: in the event of a disagreement between the schema and the
   following textual description, the schema is authoritative."
   I guess in this case the schema should not be in the appendix. And
would it be possible to make sure the schema does not disagree with the
text...?