Re: [Sidrops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-signed-tal-00.txt

Tim Bruijnzeels <tim@ripe.net> Mon, 22 January 2018 09:56 UTC

From: Tim Bruijnzeels <tim@ripe.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 10:56:03 +0100
To: sidrops@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Sidrops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-signed-tal-00.txt

Dear WG,

Allow me to kick this thread again. The London IETF is happening soon, and if possible I would like to have some discussion before then, so that we may be able to update the document before then.

TL;DR on the below:
- I agree with Tom about a double encoding issue
- I am thinking out loud whether to have:
    - An explicit XML based structure for the content, rather than a simple TAL, as it will allow for some additional information that is useful here
    - A mechanism for unplanned rolls: a stand-by key can can revoke the current key if it would be lost
    - And if adopted, use the same mechanism for planned rolls (keep things consistent).

I would like to hear your thoughts on this. If it is desired I am happy to present on this in London and/or discuss in person.

Tim