[Sidrops] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-12: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 10 August 2022 05:50 UTC

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen@ietf.org, sidrops-chairs@ietf.org, sidrops@ietf.org, morrowc@ops-netman.net
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 22:50:37 -0700
Subject: [Sidrops] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-12: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-12: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen/

COMMENT:

Thanks to Jean Mahoney for her ARTART review.

I agree with Alvaro's point about updating RFC 7115.  Also, should it become
part of BCP 185 when published?  Also if you're extending what RFC 7115 says,
shouldn't it be a normative reference?

It seems to me like RFC 8205 should also be normative rather than informative,
but about that I'm less certain.

The last SHOULD in Section 1 seems a little out of place since it's just an
introduction.  The real normative stuff is specified later in the document.

I'm not sure how or if the first two SHOULDs in Section 5 are related.  If they
are related, are they not redundant?  If so, I suggest lower-casing the first
one as the second one seems more direct.  Thanks for including some prose right
below that describing when one might legitimately decide not to do what the
SHOULD says.

In the last paragraph of Section 5, the triple SHOULD makes the whole paragraph
feel mushy.  I would at least consider lower-casing the second one; it doesn't
seem like wiggle room is appropriate there.

NITS
----

In Section 5.1:

OLD:

  Operational requirements may require that [...]

NEW:

  Operational requirements may stipulate that [...]