[Sidrops] RTR Serial Query handling of Session ID mismatch
Ralph Covelli <rcovelli@he.net> Sat, 26 July 2025 03:42 UTC
Return-Path: <rcovelli@he.net>
X-Original-To: sidrops@mail2.ietf.org
Delivered-To: sidrops@mail2.ietf.org
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by mail2.ietf.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 994794B720E0 for <sidrops@mail2.ietf.org>; Fri, 25 Jul 2025 20:42:02 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at ietf.org
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -2.099
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.099 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_EF=-0.1, RCVD_IN_VALIDITY_RPBL_BLOCKED=0.001, RCVD_IN_VALIDITY_SAFE_BLOCKED=0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001] autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
Authentication-Results: mail2.ietf.org (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (1024-bit key) header.d=he.net
Received: from mail2.ietf.org ([166.84.6.31]) by localhost (mail2.ietf.org [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id IERu9CZsU4xh for <sidrops@mail2.ietf.org>; Fri, 25 Jul 2025 20:42:02 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from mailhost.lightning.net (mailhost.lightning.net [209.51.160.9]) by mail2.ietf.org (Postfix) with SMTP id 269F44B720DB for <sidrops@ietf.org>; Fri, 25 Jul 2025 20:42:02 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=he.net; s=lightning; x=1754106117; i=rcovelli@he.net; h=Received: Received:Message-ID:Date:MIME-Version:User-Agent: Content-Language:From:Subject:To:Content-Type: Content-Transfer-Encoding; bh=TQFQ4qzLBqE9q8DJaQ18gQC9oIwrVsRan2 mJqroD7jM=; b=y+R2lnAepha2UoZeGS/fMHj2E3EJ+Q7U3gjGPfkDOgh2EwFRjB 3bbD6OjQN4d9rReb4585JP1PtbviiEPa4LBA69DMTnD1+b8uUUZ7tRBUlr7hgi06 4VcvO/lPc+1GnMW91S8Tebnj2mTZi/C/+iznupONul3XOB30MIY/YK6Ro=
Received: (qmail 9632 invoked from network); 26 Jul 2025 03:41:57 -0000
Received: from traffic.lightning.net (HELO ?172.16.2.4?) (ralph@lightning.net@209.51.160.8) by mailhost.lightning.net with ESMTPA; 26 Jul 2025 03:41:57 -0000
Message-ID: <e3a70717-3ca9-424a-9c52-0289fb761d00@he.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2025 23:41:57 -0400
MIME-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird
Content-Language: en-US
From: Ralph Covelli <rcovelli@he.net>
To: sidrops@ietf.org
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"; format="flowed"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID-Hash: SZCFW65D2TQVFMG55KBAWOBOWTNS2MHS
X-Message-ID-Hash: SZCFW65D2TQVFMG55KBAWOBOWTNS2MHS
X-MailFrom: rcovelli@he.net
X-Mailman-Rule-Misses: dmarc-mitigation; no-senders; approved; emergency; loop; banned-address; member-moderation; header-match-sidrops.ietf.org-0; nonmember-moderation; administrivia; implicit-dest; max-recipients; max-size; news-moderation; no-subject; digests; suspicious-header
X-Mailman-Version: 3.3.9rc6
Precedence: list
Subject: [Sidrops] RTR Serial Query handling of Session ID mismatch
List-Id: A list for the SIDR Operations WG <sidrops.ietf.org>
Archived-At: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/sidrops/l6zkWMH9viGEf3yR2K7bI09X9Js>
List-Archive: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/sidrops>
List-Help: <mailto:sidrops-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Owner: <mailto:sidrops-owner@ietf.org>
List-Post: <mailto:sidrops@ietf.org>
List-Subscribe: <mailto:sidrops-join@ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:sidrops-leave@ietf.org>
Hello SIDR Operations! I am in the middle of implementing an RTR server called OpenRTRd. I am just seeking a little clarification on the handling of mismatched Session IDs inside initial SERIAL_QUERY PDUs. It seems from the logic I should send a CACHE_RESET PDU when I encounter these. Its implied in the RFC but I can not see where its explicitly stated. 2 questions: 1) Is sending a CACHE_RESET the correct course of action for session_id mismatches inside initial SERIAL_QUERY PDUs? 2) Should I test for session_id mismatch before or after the NO_DATA_AVAILABLE checks? Thanks!
- [Sidrops] RTR Serial Query handling of Session ID… Ralph Covelli
- [Sidrops] Re: RTR Serial Query handling of Sessio… Martin Hoffmann
- [Sidrops] Re: RTR Serial Query handling of Sessio… Ralph Covelli