Re: Latest version of RFC

"Matthew Wall" <wall@cyrusoft.com> Wed, 25 February 1998 16:56 UTC

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 11:55:37 -0500
From: Matthew Wall <wall@cyrusoft.com>
To: MTA Filters List <ietf-mta-filters@imc.org>
cc: Gerben Wierda <Gerben_Wierda@RnA.nl>
Subject: Re: Latest version of RFC
Sender: owner-ietf-mta-filters@imc.org

--On Wed, Feb 25, 1998 8:37 +0100 "Gerben Wierda" <Gerben_Wierda@RnA.nl>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	where can I find the latest version of the RFC on filters?
>
> 	And if I want to propose any additions, is this the place to do it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Gerben_Wierda@RnA.nl (Gerben Wierda)
> "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"
> Paraphrased in Alice in Wonderland, originally from the Talmud.

Here (quoted below), and yes, this is the place to propose changes.

--- begin quote of previous message ---

directories.

	Title		: Sieve -- a Mail Filtering Language
	Author(s)	: T. Showalter
	Filename	: draft-showalter-sieve-03.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 27-Jan-98

   This document describes a mail filtering language for filtering
   messages at time of final delivery.  It is designed to be independent
   of protocol, and implementable on either a mail client or mail
   server.  It is meant to be extensible, simple, and independent of
   access protocol, mail architecture, and operating system.  It is
   suitable for running on a mail server where users may not be allowed
   to execute arbitrary programs, such as on black box IMAP servers, as
   it has no variables, loops, or ability to shell out to external
   programs.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-showalter-sieve-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-showalter-sieve-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za

	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it

	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au

	US East Coast: ds.internic.net

	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	mailserv@ds.internic.net.  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-showalter-sieve-03.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.

> 	where can I find the latest version of the RFC on filters?
>
> 	And if I want to propose any additions, is this the place to do it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Gerben_Wierda@RnA.nl (Gerben Wierda)
> "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"
> Paraphrased in Alice in Wonderland, originally from the Talmud.

Here (quoted below), and yes, this is the place to propose changes.

--- begin quote of previous message ---

directories.

	Title		: Sieve -- a Mail Filtering Language
	Author(s)	: T. Showalter
	Filename	: draft-showalter-sieve-03.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 27-Jan-98

   This document describes a mail filtering language for filtering
   messages at time of final delivery.  It is designed to be independent
   of protocol, and implementable on either a mail client or mail
   server.  It is meant to be extensible, simple, and independent of
   access protocol, mail architecture, and operating system.  It is
   suitable for running on a mail server where users may not be allowed
   to execute arbitrary programs, such as on black box IMAP servers, as
   it has no variables, loops, or ability to shell out to external
   programs.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-showalter-sieve-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-showalter-sieve-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za

	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it

	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au

	US East Coast: ds.internic.net

	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	mailserv@ds.internic.net.  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-showalter-sieve-03.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.

	where can I find the latest version of the RFC on filters?

	And if I want to propose any additions, is this the place to do it?

Thanks,

--
Gerben_Wierda@RnA.nl (Gerben Wierda)
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"
Paraphrased in Alice in Wonderland, originally from the Talmud.

Dass man fuer die Philosophie ein Interesse zeigt, bezeugt noch keine
Bereitschaft zum Denken -- Martin Heidegger