Re: [Sigtran] M3UA notify message

"Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock@openss7.org> Wed, 22 February 2006 21:44 UTC

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:43:51 -0700
From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock@openss7.org>
To: Haresign Lincoln <Lincoln.Haresign@comverse.com>
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] M3UA notify message
Cc: sigtran@ietf.org, Tolga Asveren <asveren@ulticom.com>

Lincoln,

The SG is required to reveal its coordinated view of AS state to
attached ASPs using the Notify message.  This coordinated view
is also used for providing a SPMC management view both towards
the SS7 networks and towards MTP Users at ASPs using SNMM messages.

This is the reason for the "SHOULD" language in 1.4.1.  If the
SG does not coordinate both AS state and SPMC view, interoperability
problems such as those raised on this an recent threads will ensue.

--brian

Haresign Lincoln wrote:                                           (Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:51:50)

Brian F. G. Bidulock
bidulock@openss7.org
http://www.openss7.org/