Re: [Sigtran] Upper boundary of Adaptation Layers

Stanislav Ivanovich <stanislav_ivanovich@yahoo.com> Mon, 09 January 2006 16:54 UTC

Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 08:53:55 -0800
From: Stanislav Ivanovich <stanislav_ivanovich@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] Upper boundary of Adaptation Layers
To: SIGTRAN <sigtran@ietf.org>
Sender: sigtran-bounces@ietf.org

Hello Ilie,

  Please first let us hear Tolga and Brian on my last mail about this issue.

  If you now claim that you didn't question that user function should own control for activation/deactivation of AS please tell us what was your point in this question that you sent me on my private mail and which I simply copy/pasted and forwarded:

  [Ilie Glib] After all what is the point for ASP Activation commands in xxUA layers (see section 1.6.3. in xxUA RFCs, e.g. Definition of the Boundary between SUA and Layer Management)
  M-ASP_ACTIVE request
  Direction: LM -> SUA
  Purpose: LM requests ASP to send an ASP Active message to its peer.
  M-ASP_INACTIVE request
  Direction: LM -> SUA
  Purpose: LM requests ASP to send an ASP Inactive message to its
  peer.
  Is this an RFC fault?

  /stanislav

Ilie Glib <ilie.glib@googlemail.com> wrote:
  Hello Stanislav,

On 1/9/06, Stanislav Ivanovich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since I find Ilie's questions ambiguous I will extend his questions by
> asking:
>
> 1) Is there a layer which owns state of SIGTRAN objects (like ASP/IPSP
> process states) indepdnednetly on MTP-user or SCCP-user applications by
> making these applications idendepndtz on the ASP/IPSP state?

[Ilie] I have not questioned that, in my view this is a fact written
in stone (RFCs).
check e.g. the SIGTRAN applicability draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sigtran-signalling-over-sctp-applic-09.txt

Ilie