[Sigtran] Re: Sigtran Digest, Vol 20, Issue 11

Saraswati Bose <saraswatibose@yahoo.com> Fri, 09 December 2005 09:26 UTC

Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 01:24:59 -0800
From: Saraswati Bose <saraswatibose@yahoo.com>
To: bidulock@openss7.org, sigtran <sigtran@ietf.org>
Subject: [Sigtran] Re: Sigtran Digest, Vol 20, Issue 11
Sender: sigtran-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Brian,
  Thanx for clearing the doubt so convincingly.
  I had studied the same but was unable to correlate the same.

  Now I could have a clear pricture for the "insufficient ASP" notification case.

  First, for load share mode when n=n-1 then SG will distribute traffic among the remaining active ASPs and may send the above notification.

  Second, at the AS end getting the mentioned notification if any ASP intiates active then traffic will be distributed among the previously active as well as the newly active ASP from then onwards.

  ---Saraswati.

"Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock@openss7.org> wrote:
  Saraswati,

Can you read?

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-rfc3057bis-02.txt

Bottom of Page 50:

In the case of a load-share mode AS, reception of an ASPAC message at
an SG causes the direction of traffic to the ASP sending the ASPAC,
in addition to all the other ASPs that are currently active in the
AS. The algorithm at the SG for load-sharing traffic within an AS to
all the active ASPs is implementation dependent. The algorithm
could, for example be round-robin or based on information in the Data
message, such as Interface Identifier, depending on the requirements
of the application and the call state handling assumptions of the
collection of ASPs in the AS. The SG responds to the ASPAC with a
ASP Active Ack message to the ASP.

And middle of Page 51

In the case of a Load-share mode AS, the SG moves the ASP to the
ASP-INACTIVE state and the AS traffic is re-allocated across the
remaining ASP-ACTIVE ASPs per the load-sharing algorithm currently
used within the AS. An ASPIA Ack message is sent to the ASP after
all traffic is halted to the ASP. A NOTIFY (Insufficient ASPs)
message MAY be sent to all inactive ASPs, if required.

Is that not clear?

--brian

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
bidulock@openss7.org ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in ¦