Re: [Sigtran] M3UA IG Last Call Comment

Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@lurchi.franken.de> Tue, 17 February 2004 15:06 UTC

Cc: sigtran@ietf.org
From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@lurchi.franken.de>
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] M3UA IG Last Call Comment
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:00:13 +0100
To: "J.Javier Pastor (ML/EEM)" <j.javier.pastor@ericsson.com>
Sender: sigtran-admin@ietf.org

Javier,

I do see that the 'new text' reads

    The "Invalid Version" error is sent if a message with an unsupported
    version is received, the receiving end responds with an Error
    message, indicating the version the receiving node supports and
    notifies layer management.

But looking at the RFC there is an explicit section M3UA Version Control
under the section ASP Up Procedures which led several people to the
conclusion that they do not have to check it for other messages.

Therefore I'm suggesting to put the text I sent earlier as a new
section 4.7
and delete section 4.3.4.1.1.

I understood you argument regarding 4.3.3.1.1 but I think version
control
is a general thing and should be stated explicitly in a place for
general
things and not only in a subsection regarding ASPUP procedures.

Best regards
Michael