Re: [Sigtran] SUA v16: Global Titles

"Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock@openss7.org> Tue, 18 May 2004 12:04 UTC

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 19:47:13 -0600
From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock@openss7.org>
To: Barry Nagelberg <barryn@adax.com>
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] SUA v16: Global Titles
Sender: sigtran-admin@ietf.org

Barry,

Remember that the value "unknown/unspecified" means "unspecified" in the
request/response direction and "unknown" in the indication/confirmation
direction.  When using any GTI, unspecified fields can be coded
"unspecified".  Note that I said that SUA GTI 0100 allows any field to
be specified (and the remainder are "unspecified").  This is true for
SCCP as well.

I hope that clarifies why no additional protocol elements are required
by SUA.

--brian

Barry Nagelberg wrote:                                                               (Mon, 17 May 2004 19:13:00)

Brian F. G. Bidulock
bidulock@openss7.org
http://www.openss7.org/