Re: [Simple] OMA and draft-niemi-simple-chat-03.txt

Hisham Khartabil <hisham.khartabil@telio.no> Fri, 10 February 2006 09:08 UTC

From: Hisham Khartabil <hisham.khartabil@telio.no>
Subject: Re: [Simple] OMA and draft-niemi-simple-chat-03.txt
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:08:15 +0100
To: Miguel Garcia <Miguel.An.Garcia@nokia.com>
Cc: Mary Barnes <mary.barnes@nortel.com>, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>, Aki Niemi <aki.niemi@nokia.com>, Simple WG <simple@ietf.org>, Dean Willis <dean.willis@softarmor.com>
Sender: simple-bounces@ietf.org

No one is denying MSRP the chat functionality. People want it and need
it. But there is nothing wrong with arguing the technical solution at
hand.

I agree with you that we need a solution *now*, and no one can argue
against the fact that XCON has been slow in producing results. My
objection to the draft is the LISTSEND method.

Can you remind folks why a solution similar to
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list-
message-06.txt is not acceptable?

Hisham