Re: [Simple] Re: Comments on draft-ietf-simple-imdn-00.txt

Hisham Khartabil <hisham.khartabil@telio.no> Mon, 31 July 2006 08:56 UTC

From: Hisham Khartabil <hisham.khartabil@telio.no>
Subject: Re: [Simple] Re: Comments on draft-ietf-simple-imdn-00.txt
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:56:57 +0200
To: "Burger, Eric" <eburger@cantata.com>
Cc: simple@ietf.org

Note here that the sender of the IM is the one that requests any type
of IMDN. So, through the UI, the user has to answer all the following
questions for every IM:

- Do I want to know if the IM is delivered
- Do I want to know if the IM has failed
- Do I want to know if the IM is read

and the new states you are asking for:

- Do I want to know if the IM is processed
- Do I want to know if the IM is stored

Of course these can be global settings, but still, too many.

My opinion is to leave those out for the future. I am outvoted 2 to 1
here on "processed", but not "stored".

Hisham