RE: [Simple] Re:I-DAction:draft-hellstrom-simple-text-transmission-00.txt

"Geir Arne Sandbakken" <geir.sandbakken@tandberg.com> Mon, 14 January 2008 18:35 UTC

Subject: RE: [Simple] Re:I-DAction:draft-hellstrom-simple-text-transmission-00.txt
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:32:26 +0100
From: Geir Arne Sandbakken <geir.sandbakken@tandberg.com>
To: Gunnar Hellström <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se>, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>, Simple WG <simple@ietf.org>

Gunnar,

If packet rate, bandwidth or processing limitations are a concern,  you could think about adding a throttle mechanism. Like an MSRP method that would request the client to adjust it's sample rate, or even turn off/on a real time text extension.

As an MSRP session can be used for many purposes, you might be required to tag each MSRP message.  The relay could then treat the messages differently on a message by message basis.

Cheers,
Geir Arne