[SIP] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sip-3pcc-01.txt

Jonathan Rosenberg <jdrosen@dynamicsoft.com> Wed, 29 November 2000 15:42 UTC

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <jdrosen@dynamicsoft.com>
To: "'sip@lists.bell-labs.com'" <sip@lists.bell-labs.com>
Cc: "'sip-implementors@cs.columbia.edu'" <sip-implementors@cs.columbia.edu>
Subject: [SIP] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sip-3pcc-01.txt
Sender: sip-admin@lists.bell-labs.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:39:16 -0500

Folks,

I wanted to call your attention to this updated 3pcc document. It deals with
implementation issues that have come up since the publication of the
original draft. Note that, specifically, it no longer recommends carrying
SDP in the ACK, but rather using a re-INVITE. It talks about QoS
integration, as discussed by Gonzalo at past meetings. It also includes some
notes at the end on SIP features that you really, really, *really* want to
support so that your phone, PC, or whatever, can receive features and
services provided by a controller.

As such, I would strongly recommend that people who build UAs take a look at
this draft, and plan on supporting the features discussed there. If anyone
has questions on the value of doing this, feel free to contact me.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
jdrosen@dynamicsoft.com                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com