[Sip] Questions about the SIP Replaces Header draft.

"Padhye, Chinmay" <c_padhye@trillium.com> Wed, 05 September 2001 20:44 UTC

From: "Padhye, Chinmay" <c_padhye@trillium.com>
To: "'sip@ietf.org'" <sip@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 13:25:19 -0700
Subject: [Sip] Questions about the SIP Replaces Header draft.
Sender: sip-admin@ietf.org

Hello,

	I have a few questions and comments regarding the SIP Replaces
Header draft -
http://www.softarmor.com/sipwg/drafts/draft-biggs-sip-replaces-01.txt.

1)	In section 3 the draft states -
	"The to-tag and from-tag parameters MUST be included in the Replaces
header, as they are required for unique call-leg matching."

	In section 4 the draft states -
	"If the Replaces header matches more than one call-leg, the user
agent MAY use the Referred-By header if present to attempt to match the call
with an appropriate call-leg, but should otherwise ignore the header."

	The REFER draft says that the Referred-By header is mandatory
(section 3.2 of REFER 01 draft). Hence the words "if present" in the above
statement must be removed.

	I also have a question regarding this -

	a)	When will a Replaces header match more than one call-leg.
The statements in the section 3 and 4 seem to contradict each other.

2)	In section 4 of the draft it says -

	"If the Replaces header matches an unestablished call leg, that it,
the INVITE request for the call has not received or been sent a final
response, the Replaces header MUST be ignored."

	The "it" is a typo and should be "is".

	My question is -
	How will a Replaces header match an unestablished call leg when a
response has not been received for an INVITE?

3)	I think the figures shown with the examples do not conform to the
latest REFER draft. None of the figures show NOTIFY being used.

4)	The reference to the cc draft - reference [4], is to the old draft.

Regards,

Chinmay