RE: [Sip] New Liaison Statement, "OMA LS 178 on XCAP diff-event"

"Dostal, Pavel" <pavel.dostal@siemens.com> Thu, 08 March 2007 09:18 UTC

Subject: RE: [Sip] New Liaison Statement, "OMA LS 178 on XCAP diff-event"
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 10:17:21 +0100
From: "Dostal, Pavel" <pavel.dostal@siemens.com>
To: Jari Urpalainen <jari.urpalainen@nokia.com>, ext Jonathan Rosenberg <jdrosen@cisco.com>
Cc: fluffy@cisco.com, sip@ietf.org, OMA-PAG@MAIL.OPENMOBILEALLIANCE.ORG, "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com>, OMA-LIAISON@MAIL.OPENMOBILEALLIANCE.ORG, dean.willis@softarmor.com, Antti Laurila <Antti.K.Laurila@nokia.com>

OMA defines a group document in a similar way as the RLS services
document is defined in draft-ietf-simple-xcap-list-usage. The group is
identified by URI that must be unique along all groups inside an XCAP
root and there is a global document representing all groups stored in
the users tree.
As the enabler server may need to get access to the group based on its
URI, the enabler must access the global document. In case the enabler
needs to know about the changes in the group document, for example to
remove a participant from a conference when the participant is removed
from the group document, there is a need to subscribe for changes of
such global document. And as such document may be really huge and only
few groups have the service (conference) active in some time,
subscription to only part of the global document is needed.

Best regards,

Pavel Dostal