RE: [SIP] 3PCC and REFER method

"Eric Burger" <eburger@snowshore.com> Tue, 02 January 2001 19:33 UTC

From: Eric Burger <eburger@snowshore.com>
To: Javier_Ferreiro_Garcia/UT03329/PLATAFORMAS_DE_SERVICIOS/TSM@tsm.es
Cc: sip@lists.bell-labs.com
Subject: RE: [SIP] 3PCC and REFER method
Sender: sip-admin@lists.bell-labs.com
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 14:31:49 -0500

I'd worry about a third-party directing an end-point to establish a call.
In particular, there are interesting billing issues (although one could say
this solves a billing issue).  For example, if the HTTP server sends the "Go
call the controller" message to Terminal A, the network sees a call
origination from Terminal A.  That may, or may not, be the intention of the
service provider.

What precisely is the issue with having the controller issuing the INVITEs
to A and B?

[snip]