Re: [SIP] SIP - H.323 - INVITE - No media line.

Vladislav Zubarev <vladis@vovida.com> Thu, 16 November 2000 00:29 UTC

From: Vladislav Zubarev <vladis@vovida.com>
To: Maddux Michel <Michel.Maddux@COMPAQ.com>
Cc: Igor Slepchin <ISlepchin@dynamicsoft.com>, sip@lists.bell-labs.com, Lawhorn Tom <Tom.Lawhorn@COMPAQ.com>, Byrne Sam <Sam.Byrne@COMPAQ.com>, Hurlbert John <john.hurlbert@COMPAQ.com>
Subject: Re: [SIP] SIP - H.323 - INVITE - No media line.
Sender: sip-admin@lists.bell-labs.com
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:28:15 -0800

"Empty" means SIP message does NOT contain SDP AT ALL, which I guess
means the same as it says in RFC2543 (no media lines).

The problem is the most SUAs do not support this "empty" INVITE right now.

The UA, which supports this feature for sure is CISCO IP PHONE 7960,
with the latest load. There could be some other implementations out there
as well.

Thanx.