Re: [Sip] Re: Outbound: Feature Tag (Ab)Use

Rohan Mahy <rohan@ekabal.com> Mon, 03 December 2007 02:56 UTC

From: Rohan Mahy <rohan@ekabal.com>
Subject: Re: [Sip] Re: Outbound: Feature Tag (Ab)Use
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:55:54 -0800
To: Jeroen van Bemmel <jbemmel@zonnet.nl>
Cc: sip@ietf.org, Rohan Mahy <rohan@ekabal.com>, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>

Hi Jeroen,

In outbound-11, the UAC includes the 'ob' parameter in its Contact in
dialog-forming requests if it wants the first-hop to Record-Route
with a flow token. This language is flexible enough that it allows an
implementation to use a GRUU in its contact instead (once it has
one), to implement outbound without GRUU, and to send an initial
SUBSCRIBE for the SIP config event package before registration.

I believe this addresses your comment.

thanks,
-rohan