[Sip] RE: Comments regarding the reason in draft-ietf-sip-history-info- 04

"Mary Barnes" <mary.barnes@nortelnetworks.com> Wed, 17 November 2004 15:08 UTC

From: Mary Barnes <mary.barnes@nortelnetworks.com>
To: 'PROUVOST Sebastien RD-CORE-ISS' <sebastien.prouvost@francetelecom.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:55:08 -0500
Cc: sip@ietf.org
Subject: [Sip] RE: Comments regarding the reason in draft-ietf-sip-history-info- 04
Sender: sip-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Sebastien,

I think the need for these specific reasons depends upon how you implement
your voicemail service.  I think what you perhaps might need in these
situations, such as the "call forwarding immediate", is extensions to the
Reason header as discussed in draft-elwell-sipping-redirection-reason-01.

I don't think this is something that should at all be addressed in the
history-info draft, which is just one the proposed building blocks for
providing voicemail services.

Mary