RE: [Sip] Followup on WGLC for draft-ietf-sip-e2m-sec-01.txt

"Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com> Sun, 12 March 2006 23:27 UTC

From: "Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
To: Jeroen van Bemmel <jbemmel@zonnet.nl>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, Dean Willis <dean.willis@softarmor.com>, sip@ietf.org
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:27:31 -0600
Subject: RE: [Sip] Followup on WGLC for draft-ietf-sip-e2m-sec-01.txt
Cc: Allison Mankin <mankin@psg.com>

Good comment.

A generic URI should be sufficient for "Location" (see RFC 2392).  In which case, the line that you propose:

  locationURI =  SIP-URI / SIPS-URI / absoluteURI / cidURI

...can be reduced to:

  locationURI =  absoluteURI ; c.f. RFC 4986

...by virtue of SIP-URI, SIPS-URI and cidURI being subsets of absoluteURI.

The requirement for "Proxy-Required-Body" is different.  In this case only content-ID is permitted (or useful).  The form suggested is almost consistent with parameters in RFC 2387:

   Proxy-Required-Body: ss1.atlanta.example.com;
                        cid=1234@atlanta.example.com

Personally, I would prefer a cid: URI for this parameter as well.

this email is prohibited.