Re: [Sip] Updated hitchhikers guide to SIP

"Spencer Dawkins" <spencer@mcsr-labs.org> Tue, 17 October 2006 22:52 UTC

From: Spencer Dawkins <spencer@mcsr-labs.org>
To: IETF SIP List <sip@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Sip] Updated hitchhikers guide to SIP
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:48:51 -0500

Hi, Jonathan,

Most of my comments on version 00 were pretty conceptual, but this one

3.  Core SIP Specifications

   RFC XXXX: Enhancements for Authenticated Identity Management in SIP
   (S) RFC XXXX [28] defines a mechanism for providing a
      cryptographically verifiable identity of the calling party in a
      SIP request.  Also known as "SIP Identity", this mechanism
      provides an alternative to RFC 3325.  It has seen little
      deployment so far, but its importance as a key construct for

Spencer: NO idea what "almost also" is doing in this sentence, but assume
that you meant to say something here. Just flagging for you.

      almost also anti-spam techniques makes it a core part of the SIP
      specifications.

probably really needed to get changed...

Thanks,

Spencer

(previous e-mail available at
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg14040.html, just for