Re: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-sec-agree-04.txt

Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@lmf.ericsson.se> Thu, 18 July 2002 12:31 UTC

Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:04:01 +0300
From: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@lmf.ericsson.se>
To: AC Mahendran <mahendra@qualcomm.com>
CC: sip@ietf.org, jari.arkko@lmf.ericsson.se, vesa.torvinen@lmf.ericsson.se
Subject: Re: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-sec-agree-04.txt
Sender: sip-admin@ietf.org

Hello,

In the particular example you are referring to, the server did not need
to include any header in the response in order to establish the chosen
security. However, in the general case, the server will chose which
information it should include in the response based on the
security-client header.

Modifying the security-client header can of course be used for a DoS
attack, but keep in mind that what we are trying to avoid is a bid-down
attack.

Regards,

Gonzalo

--
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Oy L M Ericsson Ab        Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35