RE: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-cc-transfer-05

Robert Sparks <rsparks@dynamicsoft.com> Fri, 05 October 2001 15:20 UTC

From: Robert Sparks <rsparks@dynamicsoft.com>
To: 'Sarvi Shanmugham' <sarvi@cisco.com>, Robert Sparks <rsparks@dynamicsoft.com>
Cc: sip@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-cc-transfer-05
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 10:57:51 -0400
Sender: sip-admin@ietf.org

Look for threads back in the Dec 2000 / Feb 2001 timeframe
(check the minutes of the Dec ietf and the Feb interim meeting).

I've got the reasoning below - REFER is not INVITE. The non-INVITE
transaction model times out quickly whether there are provisional
provisionals for non-INVITEs. They are allowed currently but they
don't cause the transaction to wait any longer for a final response).

I'm not sure I understand your third paragraph. Nothing in the
current drafts prevents you from issuing NOTIFYs with progress
information if you wish to expose it. (One could have a sipfrag
with a status line of 183 for example).

RjS