RE: [Sip] draft-jennings-sip-dtls

"Francois Audet" <audet@nortel.com> Wed, 16 February 2005 20:35 UTC

From: Francois Audet <audet@nortel.com>
To: 'Cullen Jennings' <fluffy@cisco.com>, 'Jonathan Rosenberg' <jdrosen@cisco.com>
Subject: RE: [Sip] draft-jennings-sip-dtls
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:54:59 -0500
Cc: "'sip@ietf.org'" <sip@ietf.org>
Sender: sip-bounces@ietf.org

I would agree with Jonathan.

Yes, some implementations of SIP/TCP have performance issues compared to
SIP/UDP, but not necessarily all of them.

Also, if we need to address the other problems of UDP transport (like
fragmentation, and others), then it is not clear to me that we are saving
much in the first place by using UDP/DTLS instead of TCP/TLS.

I'd like to see real data before we add yet another thing we'll have to
implement...