AW: AW: [Sip] SIP WGLC Draft draft-ietf-sip-acr-code-02.txt

"Jesske, R" <R.Jesske@t-com.net> Mon, 25 September 2006 05:43 UTC

Subject: AW: AW: [Sip] SIP WGLC Draft draft-ietf-sip-acr-code-02.txt
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 07:34:12 +0200
From: "Jesske, R" <R.Jesske@t-com.net>
To: jon.peterson@neustar.biz, jdrosen@cisco.com, pkyzivat@cisco.com
Cc: sip@ietf.org, esasaki@ntt-at.com, drage@lucent.com, dean.willis@softarmor.com

It is good to know that this was never intended, but the RFC3323 and RFC3325 does not specify this. So there is a GAP, that must be closed. But meanwhile there are implementations in the world that interprets 'id' as an subset of 'header'. So the clarification needed in RFC3325 need to take this into consideration.

Nevertheless I would like to go with Keiths proposal for the ACR response-code:
2)	Section 3.

   o  The request contained a Privacy header field whose value was 'id'
      [3] or 'user'.  This explicitly excludes the 'header' and
      'session' privacy services, since those do not directly convey the
      identity of the requestor.

I have noted the ongoing discussion on this, and certainly my
interpretation was that the "header" value in the Privacy header could
cover the P-Asserted-Identity header. However I think we should avoid
that this draft attempts to fix unclear specification in RFC 3323 and
(and possibly RFC 3325). I would therefore suggest that we strike the
offending words.

Best Regards

Roland