[Sip] bis-08 is born

Jonathan Rosenberg <jdrosen@dynamicsoft.com> Thu, 21 February 2002 17:49 UTC

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:29:31 -0500
From: Jonathan Rosenberg <jdrosen@dynamicsoft.com>
To: sip@ietf.org, sip-implementors@cs.columbia.edu
Subject: [Sip] bis-08 is born
Sender: sip-admin@ietf.org

Folks,

I'm pleased to announce that I've just submitted bis-08 to the archives.
Until it appears, you can pick up a copy in the usual places:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-08.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-08.ps
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-08.pdf

or:

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-08.txt
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-08.ps
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-08.pdf

Changebars represent diffs from -07, NOT -07.9.

This completes the first "bundle" of drafts which are now off to IESG
last call for consideration as proposed:

draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis
draft-ietf-sip-100rel
draft-ietf-sip-srv
draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-offer-answer
draft-ietf-sip-events

These drafts are right on time based on the scheduling worked out to
meet 3gpp timelines.

There will almost certainly be a bis-09 which incorporates further iesg
and reviewer comment; however, it is our expectation that the changes
from -08 to -09 will be small, primarily nits/grammar and improved
wordings on some of the newer stuff, like sips.

I would like to once again thank the bis editors team for the tremendous
amount of effort that went into this document. The editors have been
working weekends and into the wee hours of the night to make sure we
meet our deadlines. Last night was the biggest stretch of all, with
several of us, including myself, pulling all nighters (I have not slept
in about 30 hours). To make things more interesting, the Columbia
fileserver where our text converter lives crashed in the middle of the
final build of bis-08 this morning! Very scary.

I'd like to thank the working group as a whole for the tremendous
efforts that went into reviewing the document. The hundreds of comments
we received from many of you are a big part of bringing the spec to the
level of quality it is at today.

I'd also like to thank Jean Mahoney, a technical writer from dynamicsoft
who has volunteered her time to improve the quality of the text. Many
(if not most) of the reviewer comments that were grammatical and
stylistic in nature were handled by her.

However, there is no time to rest on our laurels. We have the next
bundle of deliverables coming up for 3gpp - update, manyfolks, privacy,
call-auth and (possibly) path. I would encourage the group to provide
the same focus on those drafts that was given to the drafts in the first
bundle.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

--
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor