Re: [Sip] query on sip-outbound and sip-connect-reuse

"Malleswara Rao Ankem" <malleshavn@gmail.com> Mon, 14 May 2007 06:03 UTC

Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:32:59 +0530
From: Malleswara Rao Ankem <malleshavn@gmail.com>
To: Aki Niemi <aki.niemi@nokia.com>
Subject: Re: [Sip] query on sip-outbound and sip-connect-reuse
Cc: sip@ietf.org

The outbound draft does not talk of what happens when there is a UDP to TCP
switchover due to MTU overshoot. Since the edge proxy cannot initiate a TCP
connection towards the UA, its the UA which should take care of maintaining
the TCP connection with the network and the flows are created only through
registration.
So if I have a UA which primarily performs SIP signaling on UDP but would
like to support TCP only for huge messages (that cross MTU), then as per the
current outbound draft it will have to create a flow for TCP based transport
during the registration itself and create another flow for UDP based
transport by registering from the 5060 port.