Re: [Sip] New I-D on RFC4474 and phone numbers

"Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com> Mon, 18 February 2008 19:56 UTC

Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:54:39 +0100
From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com>
To: ext Jonathan Rosenberg <jdrosen@cisco.com>, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
Cc: IETF SIP List <sip@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Sip] New I-D on RFC4474 and phone numbers
Sender: sip-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Jonathan,
Hi Paul,

thanks for raising the aspect of E.164 and ENUM usage. There was an offline discussion between Dan Wing, Klaus Darilion, Kai Fischer, David Schwartz, Hadriel Kaplan, John Elwell, and myself about E.164 and SIP Identity. As part of the discussion Klaus and I polished a former document of Alexander Mayrhofer on the usage of ENUM for E.164 numbers (see draft-mayrhofer-enum-domainkeys-00). As we moved along with the work we obviously came across a couple of problems (as one can easily imagine) and the document triggered a long discussion among us. Dispite a couple of challenges, we published the document today (see http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-darilion-sip-e164-enum-00.txt). I learned a lot while working on that document.

In addition to publishing the document a few of us have also worked on a document that captures some of our discussion on E.164 number ownership. I will publish it very soon -- just a bit more proof-reading.

Ciao
Hannes