RE: [SIP] DTMF discussion from WG meeting

"Culpepper, Bert" <bert.culpepper@intervoice-brite.com> Thu, 24 August 2000 17:01 UTC

From: "Culpepper, Bert" <bert.culpepper@intervoice-brite.com>
To: Rohan Mahy <rohan@cisco.com>, Jonathan Rosenberg <jdrosen@dynamicsoft.com>
Cc: sip@lists.bell-labs.com
Subject: RE: [SIP] DTMF discussion from WG meeting
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:20:09 -0500
Sender: sip-admin@lists.bell-labs.com

I'm happy with the AVT tone format for transport of DTMF.  I can request
that media type and direct it independently from other media.  I also expect
to be able to use this media format independently and in addition to any
other method for transporting DTMF or other "user input".  If an endpoint
supports both RTP-DTMF and some event reporting mechanism (SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY)
then I expect I can request either or both.  The associated IDs and RFCs do
not place any limitations on this that I can see.  If there are additional
mechanisms - great.  I like choices.

I do look forward to seeing support for draft-camarillo-sip-sdp-00.txt.  I
think this will encourage support for the transmission of multiple copies of
a media "stream" to different destinations.  And I look forward to support
for terminal events using SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY.  I think this can help in
addressing concerns with reliable delivery of user input.  Hopefully work in
both of these areas moves along to completion.

Regards,
Bert