Re: [sipcore] Summary: number of location headers

<hannu.hietalahti@nokia.com> Thu, 11 November 2010 08:51 UTC

From: hannu.hietalahti@nokia.com
To: jmpolk@cisco.com, sipcore-chairs@tools.ietf.org, sipcore@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:51:04 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Summary: number of location headers

Thanks James,

I agree. Jon already gave me his explanation which was pretty similar to yours and therefore I am willing to withdraw my request to avoid the "SHOULD NOT". While saying SHOULD NOT, we might also want to give the reason to that strong recommendation, though?

We know at least one case where it will be mandatory for the terminal and the network to insert the user location. I hope the problem with correlating 424 reject to any of the multiple location objects does not stop us keeping the option of multiple location objects.

BR,
Hannu Hietalahti
3GPP TSG CT Chairman