Re: [sipcore] Verify draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-callflows-02.txt

<marianne.mohali@orange.com> Thu, 21 February 2013 08:52 UTC

From: marianne.mohali@orange.com
To: Shida Schubert <shida@ntt-at.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 08:51:54 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.197.38.3]
Cc: SIPCORE <sipcore@ietf.org>, "R.Jesske@telekom.de" <R.Jesske@telekom.de>, "Dale R. Worley" <worley@ariadne.com>, Laura Liess <laura.liess.dt@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Verify draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-callflows-02.txt

Hi Shida,

My answers inline [MM2]

Marianne

[MM2] ok, understood

> > MM#2 §3.6 in F6: The History-Info header is
> > History-Info: <sip:bob@example.com>;index=1 			[MM] ok [/MM]
> > History-Info: <sip:bob@192.0.2.5?Reason=SIP%3Bcause%3D302>;\
> >      		   index=1.1;rc=1 				[MM] ok [/MM]
> > History-Info: <sip:carol@example.com>;index=1.2;mp=1 	[MM] ok [/MM]
> > History-Info: <sip:carol@192.0.2.4?Reason=SIP%3Bcause%3D480>;\
> >                     index=1.2.1;rc=1.2 				[MM]
> nok, it is a cause URI parameter that should be set to "480" (call
> deflection) following RFC4458. The Reason header is escaped in the SIP
> URI only when it is a real received respond (it is the case with the
> 302) [/MM]
> > History-Info: <sip:vm@example.com;\
> >                     target=sip:bob%40example.com>;\
> >                     index=1.3;mp=1 				[MM] nok,
> The hi-entry with the voicemail should be a copy of the R-URI so with
> the cause=480 URI parameter. Additionally, the vm is finally reached
> because Carol does not reply, so the no reply reason (cause=408) should
> also be reflected in a cause URI parameter following RFC4458. Hence,
> the hi-entry should be History-Info:
> <sip:vm@example.com;target=sip:bob%40example.com;cause=480;cause=408>;
> index=1.3;mp=1  => Oops, I think we have a problem... This is due to
> the fact that at the same time we have successive forwarding (1 after
> the other) with Carol at the second-to-last position and we try to join
> B's vm (1st diverting user). IMO, we should add some text stating that
> depending on which voicemail is reached (Bob or Carol), the call
> forwarding reason (Bob or Carol's diverting reason) in the cause URI
> parameter should be set accordingly (to be consistent). Here the target
> vm is Bob so only cause=480 should be used and Carol's reason for not
> answering the call is lost. [/MM]
> > [MM]If someone have a better/other idea, please don't hesitate...
> > [/MM]
> > History-Info: <sip:vm@192.0.2.6;\
> >                     target=sip:bob%40example.com>;\
> >                     index=1.3.1;rc=1.3 				[MM]
> nok, same comment
> >
> > But IMO it should be:
> >
> > History-Info: <sip:bob@example.com>;index=1
> > History-Info: <sip:bob@192.0.2.5?Reason=SIP%3Bcause%3D302>;\
> >                     index=1.1;rc=1
> > History-Info: <sip:carol@example.com>;index=1.2;mp=1
> > History-Info: <sip:carol@192.0.2.4;cause=480>;\
> >                     index=1.2.1;rc=1.2
> > History-Info: <sip:vm@example.com;\
> >                     target=sip:bob%40example.com;cause=480>;\
> >                     index=1.3;mp=1
> > History-Info: <sip:vm@192.0.2.6;\
> >                     target=sip:bob%40example.com;cause=480>;\
> >                     index=1.3.1;rc=1.3
>
>  Ok. Fixed.

[MM2] After discussion with Dale, I'm not sure for the last hi-entry reason value if it should be 408 (for the no reply from Carol) or 480 (for the initial call deflection from bob). Indeed, in this last proposal, we lose the no reply reason from Carol so set 408 could give this information but on the other hand because there is mp=1 in the second-to-last hi-entry refering to bob whom reason is 480...
Finally, I think 480 is correct and the 2-last reasons should be 408 (no reply) only if mp was=1.2. Do you agree?

> > MM#3 §3.7 in F4 and followings:
> > In the hi-entry the reason-text has been added.
> > I have 2 comments:
> > 1. why adding the reason-text? (and why not ;)=> ok for me 2. if the
> > reason-text is added, it should be "escaped" in the same way as the
> cause parameter.
> > So that, the hi-entry:
> > History-Info: <sip:bob@192.0.2.5?Reason=SIP%3Bcause%3D302\
> >                         ;text="Moved Temporarily">\
> >                 ;index=1.1;rc=1
> >
> > Should be:
> > History-Info: <sip:bob@192.0.2.5?Reason=SIP%3Bcause%3D302\
> >                         %3Btext%3D"Moved Temporarily">\
> >                 ;index=1.1;rc=1
>
>  Good catch. Thanks
[MM2] Once again, check Dale's response to me because remaining " and = seem also wrong. I didn't do the whole escaping.