Re: [sipcore] [Sip] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3261 (2910)

Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> Tue, 02 August 2011 18:58 UTC

From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 13:57:28 -0500
To: Bob Penfield <BPenfield@acmepacket.com>
Cc: jdrosen@dynamicsoft.com, schooler@research.att.com, rsparks@dynamicsoft.com, "sip@ietf.org List" <sip@ietf.org>, schulzrinne@cs.columbia.edu, "SIPCORE (Session Initiation Protocol Core) WG" <sipcore@ietf.org>, Keith Drage <drage@alcatel-lucent.com>, alan.johnston@wcom.com, mjh@icir.org, Jon Peterson <jon.peterson@neustar.com>, RFC Errata System <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>
Subject: Re: [sipcore] [Sip] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3261 (2910)

(Attempting to move this to the sipcore mailing list)

Further, they're only going to make sense for 1xx that is sent using 100rel.

So the errata as submitted is incorrect. We could just reject it and move on (my preference given the way we're handling Table 2),
or try to edit it to be more correct and put it in hold-for-document update (see <http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/errata-processing.html>).

RjS